Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oh Thank God I Have Lentils

With allergies out, I'm feeling awful lately.  Which means I don't feel like cooking at all.  At all, at all, at all.  Thankfully I had some meals frozen and ready to go, so I don't have to extert too much energy right now, and can devote that to fighting off the devil-sent tree pollen.  Apparently MY version of hell includes a whole bunch of blooming oak trees and a Benadryl juuust out of reach.

I pulled out a container from the fridge, not really caring what was even in it at first.  But then I realized it was a lentil dish and I almost cried with happiness.  I vaguely remember when I made this - it wasn't really a "recipe" so to speak... more like "thrown in any veggies I see, and some whole grains and cook it up".  I had a whole bunch left, so I had frozen a couple containers of it.

As I opened this one up, the delicious smell overwhelmed me... if I had ever taken a drug, I think the "high" would be similar.

I'm planning on having this for lunch, and if I can bring myself to cook up some tonight, I'll make sure to keep my freezer stocked.

I don't know what it is about lentils, but I practically feel the energy entering me with every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment