Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's so sad that Brussels sprouts have gotten such a bad rap!  Now, I'm the first to admit that I hate cooked cabbage, in all forms.  The pungent odor is enough to keep me in another room.  In another building.  In another town.

And Brussels sprouts can, very easily, get that same taste.

But when done right, when done well... they're delicious!!  And so cute!  They remind me of baby cabbage patch kids. 

Anyway, I made some last night for dinner and had them over quinoa... and it was yummy.

Sauteed onions, minced garlic, and ginger in veggie broth, white wine and mirin.  Added Brussels sprouts and red pepper - sauteed til tender.  Mixed in a little hoisin sauce and ate over some mixed (red and white) quinoa.
Tasty!  And enough leftover for dinner tomorrow... win win :-)

I washed it down with some iced oolong tea that I made the night before.  Thankfully I was tired enough to offset the impact of the tea.  This at least isn't as caffeniated as black tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment