Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Applesauce... no pork chops required

I made applesauce again last night... I was tired and didn't 100% feel like cooking anything, but I have to admit, this is probably one of the easiest things in the world to make. And it's so delicious.

I hate store-bought applesauce. Hate hate hate. Especially the bland tasteless crap they had in school cafeterias. As I think of school food, those memories are FLYING back... the rectangular cardboard-tasting pizza, the "salad bar" where I'd get a plate of lettuce and blue cheese, the "snack cart" thing stocked with hostess crap. I can't believe I made it out of there alive.

I digress...

I made delicious homemade applesauce, that doesn't resemble anything like the store bought crap. I cut up about 7 apples, put them in a pot with about an inch of water, dumped in some cinnamon, and let cook. Then I Foley-milled it and voila. Delicious. I'm having a large bowl of it for lunch, followed by some tasty huge strawberries. (HUGE!) I'm starting to think maybe having 7 apples and a handful of strawberries isn't the most reasonable lunch, since I think my stomach will revolt at some point.

But it beats the hell out of McDonalds or donuts ;-)

Oh and non-related tidbit:

I got on the elevator this afternoon and overheard this snippet of conversation:

Man #1:  He got arrested for it.
Man #2:  Oh really?  How did they catch him?
Man #1:  They caught him as he was releasing the squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment