Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whew, it's hard coming down from the high of a chili-fest win...  Not being particularly athletic, I can't say I received a ton of trophies growing up... a couple "participated" ones, and mostly just trumpet accolades.  So a trophy is still somewhat exciting to me!  This is like the Stanley Cup, in the sense that I get it for the year, and my name will be inscribed on it.  Since it's in the shape of a bowl, I'm thinking about drinking my tea from it every day and bringing it to all my meetings...  We'll see just how obnoxious I'd like to be with it!

But now I'm back and focused on cooking nice, healthy, nutrient filled meals!  Between that and catching up on TV and couch time, next week is going to be fun!.  High on my list of things to do is organize my freezer, eat the meals I've already frozen, and nail down some great recipes.  Pasta has been my go-to meal.  And by loading the sauce with veggies (tons of tomatoes, basil, kale, broccoli, onions, garlic, peppers and mushrooms), I eat significantly less of the pasta, and more of the veggies.

Seems like such an obvious solution.  And yet it has taken me thirty-(mumble mumble mumble) years to come up with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment