Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Staying on track

OK I have used this excuse a lot, but this time I'm sincere. As soon as school is done (ONE more freaking week, thank GOD!), I am going to spend a lot more time prepping and preparing food. The last couple weeks have been so freaking packed with school, full time work, people visiting, trips, etc... and I just haven't taken the time to really dedicate some time and energy into cooking.

Thankfully I've realized that there are still plenty of options for quick and easy vegan meals, so I've not strayed really from my intentions. That was a huge relief for me. I was a little nervous that my laziness or cravings would take over and all good intentions would fly out the window at the first whiff of pizza. Happily it hasn't really happened. So I'm confident that this lifestyle really IS attainable for most people, if they so desire.

That being said, while I've certainly been eating plenty of veggies, I don't know that the veggie/carb ratio is what I'd like it to be. Carbs are just easier! So I am committed to tracking this down and really making a concerted effort to manage this. Once I manage it hands-on for a couple weeks, it will become a lot more second-nature. And since I'm also now inspired to do some more regular jogging, I need to make sure I energize effectively, so that I don't get unexpectedly hungry and find myself noshing on a Nature Valley Oats and Honey granola bar again. (My inadvertent breakfast today.)

But I'm making a little more effort right now, in preparation for the veggie bombardment that will be coming.

Lunch today will be a (hopefully!) delicious oil-free soup I picked up from Whole Foods...

Dinner will be a veggie subway grinder on whole wheat bread with jalapenos and mustard... My mouth is watering already....

No comments:

Post a Comment