Monday, April 16, 2012

Gooey deliciousness

I'm pretty proud of myself this weekend. I was faced with several temptations and I successfully avoided (most of) them!

My sister came up for the weekend and we hit Boston up! Walked around a lot and visited some of my favorite touristy/shopping spots: Quincy Market, DSW, and Ann Taylor. But we also hit some other nice spots: Cakeology, Sweet, and Pinkberry.

Now I have to admit, I was sorely, sorely tempted. The cupcake stores smelled delicious, looked delicious, FELT delicious... but I resisted amazingly. I had one indulgence: a small french macaron. Note: these are NOT macaroons. They are not even close. These are delightful little French pastries that are, in a word, extraordinary. I've traveled to Paris JUST to have some of these, they really are that good. So when I found out this shop sold them, I had to have one.

It was super tasty, and bite sized, so I let myself indulge. When we go to Paris and you see the size of them there (they can be palm sized!), you will love me even more! The pistachio ones there are my favorite, but followed so closely by the almond flavored, strawberry flavored.. mmmm... Weirdly I don't care for the chocolate ones...

Anyway, I digress. That was my one venture into the non-vegan world this weekend. I thought I may have been convinced by Pinkberry when I saw they had a new flavor: salted caramel. My heart skipped a beat, but I am pleased to say I resisted. I settled for a small decaf soy mocha frappe from Starbucks and I have to say that did the trick quite nicely. Dodge and weave, dodge and weave.

And to compensate and satisfy my lust for frosting covered deliciousness, I did eat a piece of amazing vegan carrot cake this weekend from Whole Foods. I definitely have to get to Cafe Indigo in Concord NH who supplies them, since they're freaking amazing.

Frosting treats done now for a while - back to plants, plants and more plants. And I'm making my chili for the contest this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment