Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thank God I love pasta

I wasn't in a mood to cook much last night, so I went with the familiar: pasta. Definitely my "go-to" meal of choice. And I also made a nice and healthy juice: kale, cucumber, celery, green apple.

For the pasta, I use the Muir Glen Portabello Mushroom tomato sauce since it's fat-free (no oil!) and delicious. I figure, if I don't miss something bad for me, why add it in? If I were going to eat something with fat, which of course I still do, it's either going to be A) amazingly good for me (flax seed) or B) amazingly delicious (dark chocolate covered pretzels).

So I took that jar, added 1/3 bag of kale, basil leaves, the no-salt seasoning I still love, green onions and cooked it all up. Throw it over some whole wheat pasta shells and it's yummy.

I brought some for lunch, but I can't eat that just yet. I am supposed to send some analysis out by "lunchtime"... and if I haven't eaten yet, I'm not late...

No comments:

Post a Comment