Friday, March 23, 2012

Pizza can totally be vegan

It was such a beauuuutiful day yesterday, so my friends and I decided to have a little impromptu picnic on the Boston Common. I thought ahead and decided that grabbing food from our favorite vegan Thai restaurant (conveniently located right off the Common) would be the best idea.

So we called them to place our order and were told that they were closed... "because it is too nice out and we have to party" and to "call back tomorrow".

....the HELL????

Anyway, it all worked out for the best - a pizza place that makes food I happen to have loved has a store right next to the park, so we decided to grab food from there. (I won't mention their name, since I am NOT a fan of their legal and ethical decisions over the recent past, so I'll avoid ANY sort of free publicity).

So this was my first foray into a pizza place during this new phase - and I have to admit it was a raging success. I got a garden veggie pizza with no cheese. The crust there is delicious, and flavored so nicely, then topped with sauce, onions, mushrooms, broccoli and peppers, it was super tasty and I honestly didn't miss the cheese! Honestly! And I have to admit, I'd much rather something like this than trying to replicate cheese with a fake-cheese thing. (I'm not ready to handle smelling the deliciousness from Colony or anything yet, but I'm working on it.)

And I wasn't tempted to partake in the "let's grab a pastry for dessert" since those are definitely not vegan! Win Win Win!

Only downfall - super thin crust, light tasty pizza led to Colleen eating the whole small pizza for dinner (700 worthwhile calories though) and having nothing left for lunch today.

Hmmmmmm

Yeah, it was still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment