Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My throat is on fire today, so I'm all about recovery right now. And using food to get there (Forks Over Pills, you could say, since "knives" sounds more for surgical things).

So I'm eating a hearty bowl of oatmeal for breakfast:
- oats
- almond milk
- salt (accidentally a little more than planned)
- flaxseed (dumped more in to try to compensate for the salt)
- cinnamon (same note as for flaxseed)
- maple syrup (same note as for cinnamon)
- vanilla

I'm not eating the whole bowl I made, since it tastes a little more off than usual. A couple bites feel like I'm a horse licking a salt cube.

I made applesauce last night! (Yes, it's sooooo easy, but I made it myself, so here comes the bragging...)

I cut a couple apples in half, threw them in a large saucepot with water to cover the bottom of the pot and cinnamon. And let it cook, covered, for about 20 min, stirring occasionally. (I've burnt apples before and don't recommend it. Neither do my neighbors.)

Then I stirred it through a foley mill and BAM delicious applesauce.

I like it chilled in the fridge. I'm having it for lunch today along with some baby carrots. I can't say that I've always liked carrots as a snack, but I've been influenced to think otherwise, so I'm giving them the college try.

So lots of vitamins today, low-to-no artifical sugar, and pleeeenty of hot herbal tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment