Monday, March 19, 2012

I started today with some leftover oatmeal. I wasn't sure the consistency would work, being a day old, but I kept it in the fridge, then microwaved it at work with some water and more agave, and it was certainly tasty enough... Not my favorite way to eat it, but definitely not terrible.

Today's breakfast:

Oatmeal
Oatmeal
Soy milk
Flax seed
Cinnamon
Honey
Agave
Salt

Lunch will be
Pasta
Whole wheat pasta
Portabella mushroom tomato sauce (oil free of course!)
Nutritional yeast
Kale (not as much as I need - leftover trace amounts)

Snacking on some delicious dried black mission figs.

I don't measure when I cook - it's just not my nature. So I'll not be documenting that. When I bake, I measure a liiiiittle more. I take out the measuring spoons at least. I think that counts?

Since my day has been fairly carb-heavy, I'll be doing a large juice tonight (beet/carrot/apple/celery) and a big thing of kale, maybe over a little quinoa.

I have to start enjoying kale. It has now become an issue of stubborness. So tonight I've decided to try sauteing it with white wine, onion and garlic.

Worst case scenario, I'll drink the wine and THEN eat the kale. Everything is better with a glass of vino.

No comments:

Post a Comment