Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I think the alcohol burns off...?

Success! I made a delicious dinner last night (and enjoyed it again today as my leftover lunch).

I made some quinoa in my rice cooker. I wasn't quite sure if you could do that (you can) or if it would come out well (it does). I chose to mix things up a bit, so I threw in a cup of quinoa, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of white wine, a splash of lemon juice, some cut up green onions, a pinch of salt, and some mixed dried seasoning (kind of like an all-spice thing from Costco... definitely recommended).

I was a little nervous if it would work - I used the white rice setting. Close enough, it seems.


As that cooked, I made my first beet juice in my juicer. And then spent some time getting the red beet color off things in my kitchen. Lesson learned on that one. And beet juice looks like blood.

And then I sauteed up some kale - I used white wine, garlic, the rest of the lemon juice, the rest of my green onions and some blanched kale.




I have to admit, it's not awful! The white wine definitely does the trick in making this vegetable palatable for me.


I was a little nervous that the white wine in the quinoa wouldn't "cook off" the alcohol, but since I'm not tipsy right now, I'm probably good... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment